Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2012

Vancouver

The first week of summer I was lucky enough to go visit my parents on their mission in Vancouver....by myself!! Adam is amazing. It was so nice to have time with my parents all to myself and get to see where they have been living for the last year and a half. I had such a fun time. Here are the highlights...

Picking me up at the airport. I flew into Bellingham and I was amazed at how small it was. By far the smallest airport I've seen. After they picked me up we had a picnic at the park across from their apartment.
 

Monday: We went to the office so I could see where all the magic happens. Here's my cute mom at her desk in the office

Here's the nice Elder Traxler

Here's what he looks like after someone has had an accident :)

On Tuesday we went to a fun mall that had a Japeneese store in it. After that we went to Tsawwassen Beach. None of the beaches in this area have sand, it was still cool but not what I was expecting.

We also went to Pt. Roberts, where they get their mail. Here is another beach, all rocks. I didn't realize how much water there is in Vancouver. It's everywhere.

On Wednesday we went to Gastown (shopping) in downtown Vancouver, to Chinatown, and rode on the skytrain and seabus. Samantha has been talking about double decker buses lately and I'm not sure why, but I had to make sure I got a picture for her.



A view of downtown from the seabus

On Thursday we went to a cool restaurant called Cora's that did amazing things with fruit and a cute little seaside town named Steveston...but I didn't get any pictures. Friday we went to a BEAUTIFUL park and then to another seaside area named White Rock. I was amazed at all the green and the huge trees. It's difficult to really get a perspective, but I tried. Here we are in the middle of the park.

 This gives a better idea of how tall the trees were, there is a playground in the middle of the picture.


On Saturday we went to Lynn Canyon Park and Suspension Bridge. On our way we stopped by to see the old mission home. It was in a really cool area.

 The bridge and the park were my favorite place that we visited. It was just so green and beautiful. Here is my mom and I on the bridge.





Still holding hands...they are a wonderful example and I hope Adam and I are as good of a couple as my parents when we have been married that long!


No comments: