Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Easter

I had a really hard time remembering Easter this year. I knew it was coming, but I couldn't seem to get on board with coloring eggs and getting everything together. I had seen so many fun crafts and different cool ways of coloring eggs. Unfortunately Friday night rolled around and all we had was a cheap pack of dye so that's what we used. Paul got in trouble so he actually only got to color the one egg. Luckily that was enough for him. Next year I'm going to try to make it more of a family activity and have some different ideas for the kids to try.  Since we try to focus on the real reason we have Easter on Sunday, Saturday has become the day where we find eggs and the kids get an Easter basket. It's been nice to have this slow down a little and not be in such a rush trying to do all of that before church. As a side note, these are the best pictures I could find of the kids. Most of them involve Paul's tongue out, Sammi looking at the floor, etc. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why my kids cannot take a regular picture. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to look at the camera and smile. That's all. Just smile.

Sweet Lily at Kevin & Holly's house


Paul finding eggs with his cousins

Sunday morning before church. Both Sammi and Paul are wearing their Easter clothes from last year. I am so glad I bought them big!
 

This is proof that I am still a part of this family. It's hard when you're always the one taking the pictures.


No comments: