Search This Blog

Monday, June 18, 2012

Four

Every single time one of my kids has a birthday I start saying "I can't believe ____ is __ years old already! When did that happen?" It's always a surprise. I should figure it out, they get older. Every day. Really, it's happy but usually it makes me sad. I love the stages my kids are at, I always love the stage they're at. I'm not one who is anxious to move on to the next milestone, I would rather freeze time for awhile. I know my days are long and tiresome, and there are certainly times where all I want is for my kids to all be in school so that it can be quiet, but usually I genuinely enjoy being around them. They make me laugh and we have fun. Then, they grow and get ready to go to school, or sports, or whatever and I never seem to be ready. Well, it's happened again, Paul has turned four. I will catch myself looking at him and marvel at the little person he's becoming. I can catch glimpses of who he is becoming and can sometimes see him as a teenager or an adult. It scares me a little bit! Until then...here is a look of what Paul is like at four...

  • He loves to be goofy around family but gets shy when he gets too much attention focused on him.
  • He is 40 inches and is thrilled that he will be able to go on the rides at Disney World.
  • He loves Lily and is always willing to help her.
  • He has progressed SO, SO far with his speech. In fact, they are still thinking that there is a good chance he will be done or almost done with speech by the time he is going into Kindergarten.
  • Tyler Carlson is his best friend.
  • He bugs his sister all the time. 
  • He likes to roughhouse. Luckily Adam is tough and can take it :)
  • He is still a picky eater, but is willing to try more than he used to
  • He naps about 50% of the time.
  • He knows all his letters and numbers up to 10 (he can count to 13)
  • He can write his name.
  • He always tells me, "Hey Mom I really like your shirt, you look booful." or "Hey Mom,  I love your hair." What a guy!
  • He really likes school and church and is comfortable being left with other people.
  • He loves to go get his haircut with Ji-Chan
  • He can ride a two wheeler. In fact, he has started doing tricks on his bike and it makes me super nervous to watch.
  • Some of his funny phrases that he uses all the time are..."wait a mim-it" "I'm am!" when he's hungry or tired or whatever he says "I can't hold it!" and when his version of a lot is "ten hundred mie-liens"
  • He is sweet and loves to gives hugs and will always snuggle with me
  • He is a wonderful, funny little boy that we are SO lucky to have in our family

No comments: