Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Our Annual Trip

We were lucky enough to find INCREDIBLY cheap tickets ($260 total, including baggage fees, for me and the 3 kids) to Chicago so we could go visit my sister. I have gone every year since she moved there and it is a fun way for us to stay connected and spend some time together. I wish she lived closer, she is one of my best friends and we always have so much fun together. We must have the same sense of humor because there were multiple times that I was laughing so hard, at stuff that wasn't that funny, that I thought I was going to wet myself. We were totally lost trying to finding this museum downtown and were trying to find directions on Kelle's phone. We were getting totally random responses (like Chick Apple instead of Chicago) and we were dying. Alyssa kept asking "what you so funny about" Good times.

My wonderful sister was nice enough to keep one of her kids home from school each day we were there so that my kids had cousins to play with. Monday was Grant's day to stay home.

Playing in the basement. I love Grant's face.

Sweet Alyssa wanted me to curl her hair. Then she wanted Kelle and I to take her picture and send it to Stacy. What a cutie.

At the park

Paul was upset about something and was crying like this for quite awhile. The funny part was that he got his way so I couldn't figure out why he was crying!

Luckily he cheered up


The park was Hailey's day to come with us. She and Sammi look a lot like sisters in a few of the pictures we have. They really had a good time together.


"Wednesday Group" at the Brookfield zoo


Samantha convinced me to let her have a sleepover with Hailey (Paul was at a baseball game with Kelle and the rest of the boys, he had a sleepover in their room). It was late and I was getting a little grumpy that she wasn't going to bed. When I went upstairs I couldn't be mad anymore though, how sweet is this?

On Thursday we went to a museum in downtown (the one we couldn't find). They had a butterfly pavilion with hundreds of butterflies. Samantha was trying to get them to land on her finger using Lily's flower from her headband.

This is one she got on her finger that was on the ground. Apparently you're not supposed to do that.



 So tired at the end of the day...a minute after this Paul's head was all the way on Hailey's shoulder.

Samantha playing "sonic pop." Basically sticking water balloons in the backside of your bathing suit and then landing on them on the trampoline. This provided hours of entertainment for the cousins.


Trying to recapture my glory days. I was not successful.

 Samantha wanted her picture taken by the rental car. Not sure why, but she really wanted it. This is the pose I got. Also notice the "Popsicle" she's eating. It's water frozen in a cup. She never would believe me that it is actually a large ice cube.

 Lily, always along for the ride

No comments: