Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch


For family home evening this week we went to Jaker's Pumpkin Patch. Samantha had so much fun picking out her own pumpkin. She loves her pumpkin so much she won't let it out of her sight. It was all we could do to talk her into leaving downstairs rather than taking it in her bed when she went to sleep. The next morning she put it in her stroller and was pushing it all over on "our little walk." This was fun enough, not to mention that she buckled it in so that it would "stay so safe." She also has a baby pumpkin (one of those really tiny ones) that she picked just for Grammie. She is insisting that I take her to the mail place and help her mail her pumpkin to Grammie in time for Halloween. Look out Holly, you may actually be getting a pumpkin in the mail if I can't talk her down. All this has started getting me really excited for Halloween. In general Halloween isn't my favorite holiday, but I know Samantha is going to have SUCH a fun time that it should be really fun this year. In fact, our Walmart was having a grand re-opening and they had lots of people dressed up giving away candy. One guy was smokey the bear and Samantha keeps wanting to go back and see the bear that gave her candy we have been talking about how he's not there anymore for over a week. I told her that on Halloween if she wears a costume and says "trick or treat" that people will give her candy. She occasionally walks up to me and says "trick treat" expecting me to give her something. I think she's ready.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE!!! This looks like so much fun.

Emily said...

I love these pictures!! I wish Jason would have had as much fun when we went last Saturday. He loved the maze, but when we took him to the pumpkin patch, he kept saying, "I don't like this! I don't like pumpkins!" He said it so much that we had to cut our pumpkin hunt short, grab two, and just leave because he was so upset. Go figure!!