Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Back in the Game

Ever since the new year I have finally felt like my life is smooth enough that I can start getting into more crafts/doing more than just trying to keep up with the laundry. All of my Christmas crafts felt like a lot of work and were things that I felt I needed to get done rather than things that I just decided to make. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that just before that Lily started sleeping through the night. That means I don't feel like I need to nap during nap time anymore and basically just have a lot more energy. One thing I'm trying to do in addition to just making more is having 1-2 fun, out of the ordinary, activities a week. One this past week was "frog night." We had frog apples, PB&J on frog bread, and frog treats. The kids loved the apples and treats but I think the bread kind of freaked them out so they wouldn't eat it! Oh well, at least they had fun.

The apples

The bread, yes it is totally deformed, but that is only partially my fault. The tutorial that I saw MONTHS ago that I wanted to try was taken down the day I decided to make this, so I just had to make it up as I went along. I needed the instructions.

The frog treat. I think it looks a lot more like an alien than a frog, but you get the idea.

A dress/headband I made Lily out of an old shirt of mine that had a hole in it.

A black version of the same dress (I had two of the same t-shirts both with holes).

One of the many bows/flowers I have recently made for Lily...there was no way I was paying someone else $10.50 to make that. It only cost me $0.37

No comments: