Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

93

We had my grandfather up last weekend to celebrate his birthday...93! He is amazing and I can only hope that I am in half the shape he's in when I'm 50. He went out to California recently to visit his daughter and her children/grandchildren. My cousin remarked that he went on rides at Knotts Berry Farm that even she wouldn't go on. His goal is to live to be 100 and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he makes it. In fact, he is part of a program at his church (similar to home teaching/visiting teaching) where you are assigned to visit some elderly people who are in need of company. He is not one of those that is visited, but rather the one giving the service (to an "elderly gentleman of 87" he tells me).  Anyway, he has always been enthralled by my kids, especially Samantha. When we would visit when she was a baby he would tell me over and over "she is so alert!" Paul has also taken a shine to him and even when he was shy of EVERYONE..to the point where he would lie on the floor and scream in the grocery store if anyone tried to talk to him. When we would go down for lunch he would take Granddad's hand without any prompting and would sit and talk to him. Well, he has recently taken quite a shine to the newest addition to the family. He adores Lily. Every time she would smile he would talk about how he couldn't believe she would keep smiling at him, and how she was just the happiest baby.  It is always nice when someone loves your kids as much as you do, so it was fun to watch him interact with her. Here are a couple pictures from the night (as well as one old one thrown in of he and Samantha playing at his house about 2 years ago).

Sammi and Granddad playing on his porch.

The picture doesn't do it justice



No comments: