Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Four!

Samantha's fourth birthday was one of the best we've had. On her actual birthday we went to the Children's Museum and to see Toy Story 3. Everything we did that day she was thrilled for because she thought it was for her birthday, even if it was stuff we normally do. It was just so fun to see her that excited about everything. 

Adam bought her flowers for her, it was cute how grown up she felt

Getting ready to leave (she changed right after so she could wear this outfit to her party the next day)

Playing in the sand, it looks funny because it was inside a big inflatable yellow dome

The day of her party she woke up throwing up and sick. She was devastated to think that she wouldn't be able to have her party. She was laying on the couch crying and saying, "I'm not sick, I'm not sick, I'm not sick." Luckily she stated feeling better by about 10:30 and woke up feeling fine after her nap. I am so glad because the party turned out to be such a success. I am blogging more about the decorations/favors/etc here soon. The kids had a lot of activities, including decorating crowns, play dough, a pinata, and painting their nails. Samantha helped me with almost all of the prep work for all of those projects. I think that was what made the whole thing so fun. She had such a good time thinking of what she wanted for her guests and was excited to show them off. Here are some pictures to enjoy...

The "Beauty Salon"
The homemade pinata

The aftermath

Blowing out the candles

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cory, you are amazing!! I checked out your crafter blog and am way impressed....seriously why don't you live close to me anymore??!?! Your kids are getting so big and I also can't believe it has been 6 years since you were getting married, not that I didn't remember that but for some reason when I saw '6' on your post it was a little weird! ;) I hope all is going well with you and the fam and I'm looking into buying tickets to come out, a vacay would be needed! Love ya, Kim (your long last pal)