Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Sammi at 3 1/2

It's been quite awhile since I've updated what the kids are like these days...so here's a look at Sammi at 3 1/2:
  • She prefers to play with others. Anytime we are at the mall play area or McDonalds, or anywhere she will ask every little girl in the place if they want to play with her. She'll even ask babies that are barely learning to walk if they want to play house and be her daughter.
  • She's super kind and loving. That's probably the best quality she has. She tells everyone in the family at least 3-4 times a day that she "super" loves them. She is also sure to include anyone in playing with her.
  • She is almost always happy. She whines when she gets tired, but for the most part she's got a smile on her face.
  • She is stubborn. It doesn't come out very often, but when she gets her mind set on something, there is no way she'll bend from it.
  • She has no interest in learning her letters. I have tried to sit down with her, but we don't get very far because the pencils soon become "guys" and it turns into playing family.
  • She loves playing pretend. We are always playing baby/doggy/child/family/etc. She doesn't have much of an interest in board/card games, it's only fun if she can use her imagination.
  • She gets into bed at 7:30 but lately has been playing on her bed until 9:30 or so. At least she doesn't get off her bed.
  • She is a total TV head and would spend all day watching shows if I'd let her. Currently Care Bears are her favorite, followed closely by Clifford.
  • She talks to herself. I'll find her singing to her babies or saying "5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Care Bear....STARE!!" quite often. Especially at night when she's playing by herself.
  • Her favorite food is pizza and her favorite dessert is no bake cookies.
  • Her favorite song is "Gracie" by Ben Folds Five and she tells us every time she hears it that it makes her think of Daddy.
  • She's a great listener. Most of the time she'll do what I ask without me needing to ask over and over and over. Unfortunately there are times when this is also accompanied by whining, but hey, I'll take what I can get.
  • Caitlin is her best friend. She LOVES playing with her and tells her all the time, "Caity I love you, you're my best friend." Caity is 8 so this doesn't always turn out since she's not always interested in playing with a 3 1/2 year old.
  • Sammi is SO proud that she's 3 1/2. If I tell anyone she's 3, it's not long before she pipes up. "I am not. I am three and A HALF!!"
  • She loves swimming and could play in the pool all day every day. We try to go to the YMCA once or twice a week.
  • She still loves Paul and almost always wants him with her. She does get frustrated with him more often now since he commonly grabs her toys.
  • She still sucks her thumb and sleeps with her "yellow" blanket, although I think if I took the blanket she'd be okay with it.
  • She likes preschool now. There are days she still cries for a second because she wants me to stay (she doesn't want to leave, she just doesn't want me to leave either).
  • She's just a wonderful girl and it's so fun watching her grow up!

No comments: