Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Update

I haven't been great about updating the blog, so here are a couple of posts at once. Things are going really well for us... Paul is doing great and is pretty much on the same schedule as Samantha (in bed from 7-7 and a nap from 11:30-1:30ish) except he takes 2 additional short naps. It's great! He is still happy as can be and is ALMOST rolling over. My guess is he'll take awhile longer since I almost never put him on his tummy (spit up in the face is not fun). He is also starting to try and sit up and is really good about holding and playing with his own toys. We started him on rice cereal a couple days ago and so far he is not a fan. I'm going to try to feed him at a different time of day and see if that helps.

Samantha is also doing really well. Adam and I have both commented how good she's been ever since we got back from Colorado. She has her moments, but for the most part she listens and is so sweet. She is GREAT with Paul and likes to help me out when we're at home. So far I am missing the "terrible twos," maybe I need to watch out when she turns three?? She is talking up a storm and is getting easier to understand by the day. There are still a few things that only Adam or I understand, but for the most part she is pretty clear (well, really clear for a 2 year old). She can count to ten, although sometimes she'll miss a number or two. Count up to three items (see three balls and know that there are three of them), and knows some of her colors. She's also working on her ABC's. Her new things are asking "what's that" even when she knows the answer and trying to negotiate. If I tell her she can have on candy she'll always tell me, "how 'bout 2, otay?" or "but maybe 2." If I give in and let her have two (or if I start with two) she'll tell me, "how about all them." She doesn't even have the decency to try three before she jumps to the whole shebang. These are always said with her head cocked to the side and a smile. She also loves to read, especialy if she's reading to her babies (or stuffed animals, or anything she can pretend she's taking care of). I can't believe how big she's getting. She is constantly asking about her cousins, asking when we can go to Colorado or Chicago (gog-oh), and when we can go to the pool. Yes, I realize she is a mini me and I'm in for a long road of talking.


Adam has started school and so far things are going pretty well. It's a busy semester, but luckily he only has school 3 days a week and no work. I'm trying to soak up all the time with him that I can because I know it won't last too long. We have just started the job hunt in Colorado and are hoping that we'll get something sooner rather than later. We're also trying to decide how much to rent our house for and when exactly we'll head out to CO. It's exciting but intimidating having so many things to do at once. I am sad because I realized that Wicked is NOT playing in Vegas, but in LA (I must have misread it when I looked last time) so that vacation is out the window, but we are still thinking of driving down to St. George to visit Teresa. I've gotta go as many places that are close to us here while I still can. That is the basics of what is happening with us, we hope all of you are doing as well as we are.

3 comments:

-kim said...

cory...haven't you heard that three is the new two?...we have found that to be especially true in our house!

Anonymous said...

I don't think anything bad ever happens to you guys. You are so inspiring to me to be positive and see the good things to life no matter how small they are. Thank you for being who you are and for everything you have been in my life.

Emily said...

I'm going to miss you guys when you leave! I forget how close it is until Adam graduates, and then, I read your posts or look at the calendar, and I remember that it's not too long until you guys go! I'm SADDD!!! I'm really excited for you guys, though! It'll be really nice to move on, I'm sure! But, you guys have been great friends to us, and we'll definitely miss you...I even think Jason will miss Sammi, although, you'd never be able to tell by all of the little "love taps" he gives her! (Sorry about all the hitting, by the way!)

Anyway, I love the post, and I can't believe that Paul's almost rolling over! Is he old enough to do that yet!? It just seems like he was barely born! He's so cute, and so is Samantha! You guys are a great family!