Search This Blog

Monday, November 5, 2012

A First Grader and a Preschooler

I was actually kind of dreading the first day of school. I was not ready to have Samantha gone all day, at all. Last year she had a really hard time on the first day and mentally I was trying to prepare myself for a repeat of prying a crying child off my arm. Luckily it wasn't like that at all. We wrote "I © U" on each others hands just so we wouldn't forget. It was sweet. She also took a picture of Lily with her. It happened to be a picture of Lily when she had just gotten out of the bath and was playing peek-a-boo with her towel. I cropped it so it was waist up, but Samantha still thought it was funny that she was taking a naked picture of her baby sister. She was showing all of her friends from last year and could care less if I was there or not. She has an AWESOME teacher, seriously amazing, and I think that has made the transition pretty easy as well. So far she is loving school and is disappointed at the end of every day. At parent teacher conferences her teacher commented on how happy she was to be there. It is so nice to have her excited to go. I must admit, I don't mind having her gone as much as I thought I would. It is REALLY nice to not have the fighting between her and Paul. 



Paul's day went equally well. He was excited to go and told me as long as no one made a big deal about his cast, that it would be a good day. The only hitch is that he wouldn't wear his new shirt, he only wanted a "regular" shirt. He REALLY didn't want anyone telling him he was handsome. He walked in with no tears and has loved it ever since. He too asks if it's a school day and cheers when I tell him yes. He is just loving it.







They always have to take a silly picture and they think it's really funny to pretend fight.
 


With my Dad at the school, waiting for their teachers to come out and get them


No comments: