Search This Blog

Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Fourth

It stunk. Really. It was rainy most of the day and the kids and I were all sick. The kids had a pretty good time at the parade in Monument until the rain came and we had to leave. Other than that we just ate, went to get ice cream, and went to bed. It was too rainy and wet to have fireworks so I was glad my kids are still little enough that they didn't miss them. I wouldn't have blogged about it except for the one bright spot...Samantha had a darling little dress to wear. YEAH! Too bad she ruined it with watermelon juice. :)






The watermelon on the right is actually jello, cool uh?



I sure did take a lot of pictures of a not so fabulous day!

5 comments:

-kim said...

cory...your sewing skills rock! that dress looks so cute on sammi...you did a fantastic job! i would love to have a sewing day with you...maybe adam would babysit?...(be sure you tell him that..)

The Johnsons said...

That dress is so cute Cory. well done. Sorry your 4th wasn't so great, mine wasn't too swell either. Maybe next year!

Alyse said...

Hi Cory! Her dress is darling!! Did you make it? I love it!

Di said...

I have to agree that dress is darling!

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

Cory- cute dress! You have some serious skills! I love the jello watermelon. My boys would think that was so cool. Is that a real watermelon rind that was cleaned out and filled with jello? That is my best guess by looking at the pictures.
p.s. I look at your cakewrecks website everytime I need a good laugh. So funny!