Search This Blog

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Kids Say The Darndest...

These are just some things that Samantha has said or done that I want to remember:

1. In January, at my parents' house my mom and I were sitting on her treadmill. Samantha thought it was a good idea to lick it. When my mom told her that was yucky she started throwing things then preceeded to lick my mom. I told Sammi if she did it again she would go to timeout. Rather than listen, she laid her head down on my mom's lap, looked right at me and stuck her tongue out the side of her mouth to lick my mom's leg again.

2. Sometime around March Sammi and I were crossing the street and I told her she had to hold my hand. She didn't want to, so I told her when we cross the street she has to hold someone's hand to be safe. She told me, "okay, mine hand" and held her own hand while she crossed the street.

3. Brad took Samantha outside for a few minutes while we were setting up for her birthday party. He told her she had to wear shoes if they were going on a walk. She pointed to his feet (he was barefoot) and said "no shoes." Guess she told him.

4. Lately she has started saying "mes" and "yous" instead of yours and mine. It's cute.

5. Tonight after an hour of playing in her bed (she usually reads and plays with her dolls for an hour and a half or so before going to sleep) she starts yelling "HI, HI, HELLO." I finally went in there (she hurt a sore on her foot) and stayed for a few minutes. She kept turning to me and saying "uh, roar" and telling me "I hear mine Daddy out there" "I hear mine baby Paul out there."

I am sure there are more things, but right now I can't remember any of them, so it's likely I'll do another post like this soon.

2 comments:

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

keep these coming...i think this is awesome to write them down, not only are they hilarious but you'll be glad when you reread them later! you've inspired me!

-kim said...

i love it when kids think they are being so sly dog, but they are totally not! don't memories like these make it all worthwhile?