Search This Blog

Friday, July 11, 2008

The Great and the Terrible

Well, this post is all about the great and terrible things that have happened since I've been slacking on my posts. First, the great...Adam is finally finished with Grandpa's house...YEAH!! It looks awesome and I am SO proud of the work he did. It doesn't even look like the same house. It was also really fun to have Kevin and Holly out for a visit so they could see all the work that was done. The other really great thing that happened was that Samantha said "I love you Mommy" for the first time (with out being prompted) to me a few days ago. I was sitting on the stairs and she just ran over to me and gave me a kiss and blurted it out. It was the sweetest thing.

Unfortunately things aren't all sunshine and roses, the same day Samantha told me she loved me our washer blew up. Well, maybe not blow up as in pieces, but still. We were outside playing and I came in so I could change Paul's diaper and the whole house was completely filled with smoke. I thought the house was on fire so I ran upstairs but luckily it was just the washer smoking. I still don't know what happened. After that Paul was screaming (he was hot and tired) and so was Samantha (she jumped in her little pool with her clothes on) so I decided we should leave. Too bad Samantha had stolen my keys! We were stuck. We couldn't stay outside because it was too hot, we couldn't go inside because of the smoke and we couldn't leave with no keys. I may or may not have had a mini (or large) meltdown. Luckily no kids were thrown out of windows and no mothers jumped out of windows...seriously, we're lucky :). That has been the tone ever since. More of the terrible than the great. Adam got done with the house, but he still has school and so he'll be gone almost as much. Samantha got sick so she's been whiny and crabby. Then Adam got sick so he's been in bed the last 3 days. We also have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get approved for health insurance so right now we are uninsured (pray no one gets sick or hurt) Nothing too awful has happened but things have still been no fun.

Alright, I'm done complaining...I do have a wonderful husband and two of the best kids in the world and despite everything I know I'm lucky. Just gotta keep on keepin on until things turn around a little. In the meantime if anyone is looking for two adorable children I have two ready and willing while I go on vacation!

No comments: